Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

4.10.2009

What? 2 months since my last post? Yikes!

I am so embarrassed! I never wanted to be THAT blogger that waited, and waited, and waited to post. Well, here I am to update. I will start with the cousins visit to our place...

Our zoo is such a fun place, and Addison's new favorite animal is the giraffe. Once we get into the zoo and she can see the giraffes, she runs toward them yelling "gih ahh!" But, she won't touch their tongues yet.






After a long day, Declan has just about had it. He actually fell asleep at the table!


Addie is so sweet. She loves to swaddle and snuggle with her babies in her bed!


Just being Addie...






Addie and her BFF, Lucy. She takes such good care of our big doggie.


She's gonna be a soccer player!

Addie loves mommy's shoes! (and the newspaper:)

Such a happy baby!







This girl can really put an outfit together. Glasses, daddy's boxers, black patten shoes, airplane easter basket, with her remote, of course!


Yay for Gran-ma coming for a visit!



Yes, Addie did follow Declan's example and actually fell asleep in her high chair. We feel this was truly a once in a lifetime opportunity for our climbing-up-the-wall baby!




Now we come to the last couple of weeks. Drumroll....the Rotovirus. For those of you who have been afflicted with this horrid illness, no more description is needed. Yikes! Let's just say high fever, diarrhea, vomiting, etc. for 7-10 days and highly contagious. It is the sickest I have ever seen our little one. A couple of days into it, Addie slept all day, after a morning of 104 degrees of fever. Here is our little one asleep on the floor after fussing for awhile.

Lucy wants to help, too.


Finally feeling better. We discovered part of the cure of the rotovirus is wearing dresses. Addie asked to wear them everyday. Even if she didn't say another word all day. She would look, so pitifully, and say "dress." And mommmy would say, whatever you want, honey.






A big thank you to Mama Dee for coming and helping while Daddy was away and baby was very, very sick. *Sidenote--when daddy came home, he was also sick for a few days. Yuck. We are still lysol-ing everything!

Updates to look for: our new floor, our collapsed fence, pretty flowers...finally!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I loved this update! Such great pictures of Addie. Now if I could only get to see her in person...Oh, and Happy Easter! Love from your friend, Judy

Cara said...

Glad you posted again! When are you coming to Austin next? I haven't seen you in forever!

Leslie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of her in the diaper box. Cutest ever!